This is the recipe we enjoy every year the day after Halloween to use up the pumpkins.
you will need:
- half a large pumpkin skin left on, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 large potato
- 2/3 stock cubes chicken / veg
- 1 litre water
- salt and pepper
Lets Make :
- Bake pumpkin, carrot and garlic in preheated oven for about 40 mins
- Bring water to boil in a large pan and add stock cubes. Cook potato in stock until soft.
- When the pumpkin and carrot are soft, remove skin from pumpkin and discard, add pumpkin and carrots to the potato and stock, and blend or mash until as smooth as desired
- Heat gently when ready to eat